Sunday, August 11, 2013

10 things i learnt this weekend

1. Ella Jane is 7 months now! She's growing and changing more than ever, too. Rolling is nothing to her, she barely even cries when she poops (gross I know, but true haha), & most of her 6 month clothes are getting a little tight. I get sad every time I put one of her outfits in the "outgrown tub". *sigh*
2. I tried cutting Ella Jane's hair yesterday; what was I thinking?! Needless to say, next time I'll take her to someone who knows what they're doing. haha! Josh says she looks like a little orphan; and she kinda does. Aw, poor Ella Jane. She is going to have some bad hair days for a while.
3. Football season starts way too early. I actually learned this a loooong time ago, but it just gets re-confirmed every year, and this year is no exception. So.hot!
4. Ella Jane went to her first real scrimmage Friday night! Go Dragons! She did pretty good, but she did get cranky at the end. How are we going to manage football games being at the same time as "bedtime"? Not sure yet.
5. Ella Jane doesn't cry during church, but she sure does make noise! This morning she was singing along with the choir. ;) And it never fails when the preacher gets up to talk, she decides to really get going. Sooooo, needless to say, we signed her up for the nursery (starting next week). Aw, another indication that she is growing up on me!
6. Mellow Mushroom has really good Hawaiian Pizza! Mmm Mmm!
7. As a mother, blogging is really hard to get in during the day. Especially with a child like mine, who is on a constant move and needs entertained every waking minute. haha! I can't believe I haven't blogged the whole month of August!
8. So, this week I will turn 31! Yes, 31. No way do I feel 31 (however 31 is suppose to feel), I just know that back in the day, 31 sounded pretty old. So I guess I'm saying that I don't feel old. But I also don't view 31 as old anymore either. haha! Anywhoo. Friday is my birthday and I'm really looking forward to spending the day/weekend with family and eating really good.
9. Normally, I would be doing lesson plans right now. Getting ready to start a first full week of school. Let me just say how blessed I am to not be doing that right now. I love being home with Ella Jane! Absolutely love it.
10. I'm playing with the idea of getting my hair cut! Short! I want to bad. But I also loooove being able to throw it up in a top knot/bun. Maybe 31 needs to bring a new hair cut, though.? Josh tells me to go for it. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment